Overhead Monorail Conveyor Systems
NikoTrack's overhead monorail conveyor systems are designed to suit most existing working environments. They can be configured as chain powered or a low cost alternative to 'power and free' systems for certain scenarios such as lean manufacturing systems. Automatic switches allow for side shifting on dual tracks to maximize storage space. NikoTracks six profiles are capable of carrying loads up to 3,520 lbs. NikoTrack provides a complete range of track sections, support fittings, trolleys, turns and switches. These components can be assembled to produce a large range of modular design products including:
- Manual Overhead Conveyors
- Suspension Systems
- Festoon Cable Supply Systems
- Industrial Barn Door tracks and fittings
- Lightweight Overhead Cranes
NikoTrack produces manual overhead conveyor and monorail transfer systems that are modular in design for ease of installation and modification.
- Multiple track sizes
- Manual or powered
- Flexible and simple track mounting system
- Standard components to connect and suspend the monorail conveyor track
- All components are electro galvanized for complete protection
- Seamless integration with the NikoTrack lightweight crane and lifting equipment
- Free running, economical with minimal maintenance
- Powder coating, painting, and material finishing applications
- Any industrial process that requires movement of parts, above floor level
- Situations where flightbars are used to move parts between processes within a plant
Localized Powered Travel
As an alternative to fully powered overhead conveyors, Niko offers a semi-automatic alternative. This system utilises any manual conveyor system and powers it through ovens, spray booths or any area where manual operation is not practical. This solution is far more cost effective than using fully automatic conveyors.
A chain conveyor can be installed parallel to the conveyor carrying the load in order to power the movement. Powered movement can be achieved not only in straight lines but also around bends, making it possible to have a completely powered system.
Typical applications would be to power the movement through the ovens or painting booths and have the parking areas free in order to load and unload the products in adequate time. The benefits of the power chain conveyor are its competitive price, quiet operation and the fact that it can be added to a manual conveyor at a future stage.
Track Configuration Examples
There are an infinite number of possible track layouts, to suit any particular application. NikoTrack provide a wide range of turns, switches, turntables, which can be manually or pneumatically operated. Layouts can be optimized for:
- Storage Space Utilization
- The use of automatic switches and precision bent 90 degree track, allows for a flight bar travelling along the manual overhead conveyor track, to be side shifted, and stored in an accumulating idle area for storage or process dwell time. The Overhead Conveyor Systems C1 catalogue displays the different modular fittings to achieve precise track placement for maximum space utilization.
- Overhead Load Positioning
- The enclosed precision track has tapered sides to ensure that the load carrying trolleys self locate to run freely and smoothly with minimal force required to move the loaded trolley. Repeatable positioning of loaded trolleys is achieved throughout the entire manual overhead conveyor system.
- NikoTrack Overhead Turntable Detour System
- The unique NikoTrack Turntable Detour system allows for multiple overhead track systems to be interconnected. Loads or flight bars are easily transferred between different processes or areas of the plant. Turntables are an ergonomic solution to multiple conveyor destination systems, reducing capital expenditure on more complex overhead conveyor track layouts.